Dr. Rosalba Palmas
Dr. Palmas is Italian Trademark Attorney, Professional Representative at OHIM and owner of Palmas IP.
She provides Intellectual Property Services, management of trademark portfolios of several Italian and foreign companies, among them important companies in the field of fashion. Furthermore, she provides professional advice and assistance for the complete range of services related to patents, designs, copyright, and supplying legal and technical advice in license, distribution and merchandising agreements, assignments, validity and infringement matters, as well as in opposition and unfair competition proceedings, in out of court settlements, in anti-counterfeiting matters and in all kind of Intellectual property matters.
Dr. Palmas regularly attends international IP related conferences including INTA meetings and speaks about IP related topics.
July 2002 – December 2007
Trademark Attorney at IPSER S.r.l. (formerly Ufficio Brevetti Riccardi & Co.) in Milan. Main duties:
- Carrying out Trademark availability searches, examining and providing legal advice.
- Filing and follow-up of Italian and Community Trademark applications, International Trademark Registrations, preparing amendments and replying to Office Actions of UIBM (Italian Patent and Trademark Office), OHIM and WIPO.
- Preparation and filing of Italian and Community registered designs and models.
- Co-ordination of foreign agents for the filing of local Trademark applications, preparation of amendments and responses to Office Actions, filing of oppositions, cancellation actions, and any other issues related to foreign Trademarks proceedings.
- Co-ordination of foreign agents in the field of anti counterfeiting actions (civil and criminal proceedings).
- Drafting arguments, observations, objections regarding oppositions, appeals, nullity actions of CTM applications/registrations.
- Recording deeds of assignment, merger and other transfers of rights, as well as recordal of changes of name and/or address.
- Drafting and replying to warning letters, as well as co-ordination and support to the lawyers in the Civil Actions regarding our clients Property rights.
- Drafting of assignments deeds, licence agreements, merchandising agreements and coexistence agreements.
- Filing of petition for Copyright protection of unpublished works at SIAE.
January 2008 – June 2008
Trademark Attorney at Lerroux Fernández-Pacheco in Madrid. Main duties:
- Filing and follow-up of Community Trademarks.
- Co-ordination of foreign agents for the filing of local Trademark applications, as well as any other issues related to foreign Trademarks proceedings.
- Drafting arguments, observations, objections regarding oppositions, appeals, nullity actions of CTM applications/registrations, also in Spanish language.
- Drafting of prior rights-agreements and assistance concerning out of court settlements.
- Registered Trademark Attorney from 2005.
- Registered professional representative before the OHIM from 2006.
- AIPPI member.
- APA (Association of Business Professionals) member.
2002 – Law degree at University of Camerino (Italy) with dissertation on Industrial Law (“Registered Design”).