THIS AGREEMENT is made this ______ day of ______, 19, by and between ______ [Name of Company], with its principal place of business located at ______ [Address] (the "Company") and ______ [Name of Distributor], ______ [Address] ______ (the "Distributor").
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the promises hereinafter made by the parties hereto, it is agreed as follows:
APPOINTMENT OF DISTRIBUTORSHIP
1. Distribution Right. The Company hereby appoints and grants Distributor the exclusive and non-assignable right to sell the equipment of the Company ("Equipment") listed in the then current "Price List" (Exhibit "A" attached hereto) [omitted]. The distribution right shall be limited to customers who have places of business in, and will initially use the Company's products in the geographic area set forth in Exhibit "B" attached hereto.
2. Prices. All prices stated are FOB the Company's offices in ______ [Address]. Prices do not include transportation costs which shall be borne by Distributor. Prices do not include federal, state or local taxes applicable to the products sold under this Agreement. An amount equal to the appropriate taxes will be added to the invoice by the Company where the Company has the legal obligation to collect such taxes. Distributor shall pay such amount to the Company unless Distributor provides Company with a valid tax exemption certificate authorized by the appropriate taxing authority.
3. Terms. Terms are net cash upon delivery, except where satisfactory credit is established in which case terms are net thirty (30) days from date of delivery. The Company reserves the right to revoke any credit extended at the Company's sole discretion. Distributor agrees to pay such invoices when due regardless of other scheduled deliveries. Invoices not paid within thirty (30) days of the invoice date will have one and onehalf percent (1-1/2%) per month finance charge assessed against the unpaid balance from the date of invoice until the date of payment.
4. Title to Equipment. The Company hereby reserves a purchase money security interest in each unit of Equipment sold or to be sold under this Agreement and in the proceeds thereof, if Distributor shall have sold or leased a unit(s) to another party prior to Distributor paying Company the purchase price for such Unit as set forth herein, in the amount of such unit's purchase price. These interests will be satisfied by payment in full. A copy of this Agreement may be filed with the appropriate uthorities at any time after the signature by the Company as a financing statement in order to perfect the Company's security interest. On the request of the Company, Distributor shall execute financing statement(s) and other instruments the Company shall desire to perfect a security interest in the Equipment for its purchase price. Title to the Equipment shall pass to Distributor upon receipt by the Company of payment in full for all amounts due for such units of Equipment.
5. Competitive Equipment. Distributor agrees not to represent or sell other products which are deemed to be competitive with the Company's Equipment unless agreed to by the Company by written notice.
MARKETING AND SUPPORT
1. Sales. Distributor shall use its best efforts to promote the sale and distribution of the Equipment and to provide adequate support, which efforts shall include the following:
(a) Establishing and maintaining appropriate, attractive and accessible premises and facilities for the display and demonstration of Equipment;
(b) Provide an adequate, trained sales and technical staff to promote the sale and support of the Equipment;
(c) Undertake promotional campaigns and canvas prospective users to stimulate the sales of Equipment;
(d) Provide Company with forecasts every month of its probability requirements for the next six months for Equipment and accessories, such forecasts to be in such manner and on forms to be specified by Company and agreed to by Distributor.
2. Advertising. Company shall, upon request, assist the Distributor on all advertising, sales promotion, and public relations campaigns to be conducted, including providing Distributor with documentation of previous promotional campaigns conducted in connection with the Equipment, and shall provide necessary technical information and assistance.
3. Training. Company shall furnish training of Distributor's sales and technical representatives at various times and locations as shall be designated for this purpose by Company. Enrollment in training courses shall be limited to a reasonable number of persons who shall be sufficiently qualified to take the courses. Distributor shall pay the salaries and all travel and lodging expenses and subsistence of its representatives.
1. Purchase Orders. Distributor shall order Equipment by written notice to Company. Each order shall specify the number of units to be shipped, the type of units to be shipped (as identified by Company model number designations indicated in the Price List) including all optional features, the desired method of shipment and the installation site. Company shall indicate its acceptance of such release by returning a signed copy to Distributor. Company agrees to ship units to Distributor as close as possible to the delivery schedule set forth in each order as accepted by Company, unless Company otherwise indicates in writing. Company shall not be required to honor any release which: (a) specifies a shipping date earlier than Company's thencurrent delivery schedule for the date such release is received by Company and/or (b) specifies a quantity to be delivered in any one month within the current delivery schedule which is greater than one hundred percent (100%) of the total quantity shipped in the preceding sixty (60) day period.
2. Equipment Acceptance. The criterion for acceptance of Company Equipment by Distributor shall be the successful operation of the Equipment using Company's standard test procedures and diagnostic test programs applicable to the Equipment involved.
3. Shipment. All shipments of Equipment shall be made FOB Company's plant and liability for loss or damage in transit, or thereafter, shall pass to Distributor upon Company's delivery of Equipment to a common carrier for shipment. Shipping dates are approximate and are based, to a great extent, on prompt receipt by Company of all necessary ordering information from Distributor. Distributor shall bear all costs of transportation and insurance and will promptly reimburse Company if Company prepays or otherwise pays for such expenses. Company shall not be in default by reason of any failure in its performance under this Agreement if such failure results from, whether directly or indirectly, fire, explosion, strike, freight embargo, Act of God or of the public enemy, war, civil disturbance, act of any government, de jure or de facto, or agency or official thereof, material or labor shortage, transportation contingencies, unusually severe weather, default of any other manufacturer or a supplier or subcontractor, quarantine, restriction, epidemic, or catastrophe, lack of timely instructions or essential information from Distributor, or otherwise arisen out of causes beyond the control of the Company. Nor shall the Company at any time be liable for any incidental, special or consequential damages.
4. Delay. Distributor may delay for a period of thirty (30) days upon giving the Company written notice at least fifteen (15) days prior to the scheduled delivery date. In the event distributor delays delivery for more than thirty (30) days with notification as set forth above, or for a period of more than five (5) days written notice, Distributor shall pay to Company, as a service charge, an amount equal to 1/360th of twentyfive percent (25%) of the Purchase Price for each day of such delay to be computed from the first day of such delay through the termination of such delay.
5. Cancellation. Distributor may, at any time prior to the scheduled date of shipment, cancel any or all Equipment on order upon giving timely written notice and upon payment of the following cancellation charges for each unit cancelled. The cancellation charges, intended as liquidated damages and not penalties, are as follows:
Number of Days Prior to Scheduled Date of Shipment that Notice of Cancellation is Received by Company: Cancellation Charges Expressed as a Percentage of Purchase Price:
0-5 days %
5-15 days %
16-30 days %
31 days or more %
1. Use of Company Name. Company expressly prohibits any direct or indirect use, reference to, or other employment of its name, trademarks, or trade name exclusively licensed to Company, except as specified in this Agreement or as expressly authorized by Company in writing. All advertising and other promotional material will be submitted to Company at least two weeks in advance and will only be used if Company consents thereto, which consent shall not be unreasonably withheld. Company hereby authorizes and requires Distributor's use of the Company's insignia or lettering which will be on the products at the time of the delivery. Company hereby authorizes the Distributor's use of the legend set forth below. The Company shall submit to the Distributor in writing full particulars prior to any use of the authorized legends, on stationery, invoices, promotion material or otherwise, and shall not proceed with such use unless and until the Company's written approval shall have been received.
Authorized legend shall be the following:
[Name of Company]
If the authorized legend is used on any stationery, invoices, promotion material or otherwise by Distributor, Distributor will, on termination of this Agreement, or upon request of Company, discontinue the use of such legend on any stationery, invoices, promotion material or otherwise and thereafter will not use, either directly or indirectly in connection with its business, such legend or any other names, titles of expressions so nearly resembling the same as would likely lead to confusion or uncertainty, or to deceive the public.
2. Patent Indemnity. Company agrees, at its own expense, to indemnify, defend and hold harmless each Distributor and its customers from and against every expense, damage, cost and loss (including attorneys' fees incurred) and to satisfy all judgments and decrees resulting from a claim, suit or proceeding insofar as it is based upon an allegation that the Equipment or any part thereof furnished by Company or any process which is practiced in the customary use of the Equipment is or has been infringing upon any patent, copyright or proprietary right, if Company is notified promptly of such claim in writing and given authority, and full and proper information and assistance (at Company's expense) for the defense of same. In case the Equipment, or any part thereof, in such suit is held to constitute an infringement and the use of said Equipment or part is enjoined, Company shall, in its sole discretion and at its own expense, either procure for the indemnitee the right to continue using said Equipment or part or replace or modify the same with nonperformance or capacity or affect its compatibility with the hardware or firmware comprising the Equipment or the software utilized thereon.
3. Drawings and Data. The Company normally supplies all necessary data for the proper installation, test, operation and maintenance of its Equipment. Portions of this data are proprietary in nature and will be so marked. The Distributor agrees to abide by the terms of such markings and to be liable for all loss or damage incurred by the Company as a result of the improper or unauthorized use of such data. ...
Kostenloses Support-Forum: Unsere Anwälte beantworten gern Ihre Fragen zu "Exclusiv Distribution Agreement" in unserem ExpertenForum.
Sofort downloaden und anpassen: Alle Verträge können Sie gleich nach dem Kauf in den üblichen Programmen bearbeiten und anpassen.
Kompetente Beratung durch unsere Rechtsanwälte: Falls Sie das Dokument "Exclusiv Distribution Agreement" oder einen anderen Vertrag bzw. Vorlage anwaltlich anpassen wollen stehen Ihnen unsere Rechtsanwälte gern zur Verfügung. Fragen Sie uns nach einem Kostenvoranschlag!