USE OF THE SYBASE OPEN WATCOM SOFTWARE DESCRIBED BELOW ("SOFTWARE") IS SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THE SYBASE OPEN WATCOM PUBLIC LICENSE SET FORTH BELOW ("LICENSE"). YOU MAY NOT USE THE SOFTWARE IN ANY MANNER UNLESS YOU ACCEPT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE LICENSE. YOU INDICATE YOUR ACCEPTANCE BY IN ANY MANNER USING (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION BY REPRODUCING, MODIFYING OR DISTRIBUTING) THE SOFTWARE. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE LICENSE, DO NOT USE THE SOFTWARE IN ANY MANNER.
|Sybase Open Watcom Public License version 1.0|
1. General; Definitions. This License applies only to the following software programs: the open source versions of Sybase's Watcom C/C++ and Fortran compiler products ("Software"), which are modified versions of, with significant changes from, the last versions made commercially available by Sybase. As used in this License:
1.1 "Applicable Patent Rights" mean: (a) in the case where Sybase is the grantor of rights, (i) claims of patents that are now or hereafter acquired, owned by or assigned to Sybase and (ii) that cover subject matter contained in the Original Code, but only to the extent necessary to use, reproduce and/or distribute the Original Code without infringement; and (b) in the case where You are the grantor of rights, (i) claims of patents that are now or hereafter acquired, owned by or assigned to You and (ii) that cover subject matter in Your Modifications, taken alone or in combination with Original Code.
1.2 "Contributor" means any person or entity that creates or contributes to the creation of Modifications.
1.3 "Covered Code" means the Original Code, Modifications, the combination of Original Code and any Modifications, and/or any respective portions thereof.
1.4 "Deploy" means to use, sublicense or distribute Covered Code other than for Your internal research and development (R&D) and/or Personal Use, and includes without limitation, any and all internal use or distribution of Covered Code within Your business or organization except for R&D use and/or Personal Use, as well as direct or indirect sublicensing or distribution of Covered Code by You to any third party in any form or manner.
1.5 "Larger Work" means a work which combines Covered Code or portions thereof with code not governed by the terms of this License.
1.6 "Modifications" mean any addition to, deletion from, and/or change to, the substance and/or structure of the Original Code, any previous Modifications, the combination of Original Code and any previous Modifications, and/or any respective portions thereof. When code is released as a series of files, a Modification is: (a) any addition to or deletion from the contents of a file containing Covered Code; and/or (b) any new file or other representation of computer program statements that contains any part of Covered Code.
1.7 "Original Code" means (a) the Source Code of a program or other work as originally made available by Sybase under this License, including the Source Code of any updates or upgrades to such programs or works made available by Sybase under this License, and that has been expressly identified by Sybase as such in the header file(s) of such work; and (b) the object code compiled from such Source Code and originally made available by Sybase under this License.
1.8 "Personal Use" means use of Covered Code by an individual solely for his or her personal, private and non-commercial purposes. An individual's use of Covered Code in his or her capacity as an officer, employee, member, independent contractor or agent of a corporation, business or organization (commercial or non-commercial) does not qualify as Personal Use.
1.9 "Source Code" means the human readable form of a program or other work that is suitable for making modifications to it, including all modules it contains, plus any associated interface definition files, scripts used to control compilation and installation of an executable (object code).
1.10 "You" or "Your" means an individual or a legal entity exercising rights under this License. For legal entities, "You" or "Your" includes any entity which controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with, You, where "control" means (a) the power, direct or indirect, to cause the direction or management of such entity, whether by contract or otherwise, or (b) ownership of fifty percent (50%) or more of the outstanding shares or beneficial ownership of such entity.
2. Permitted Uses; Conditions & Restrictions.Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, Sybase hereby grants You, effective on the date You accept this License and download the Original Code, a world-wide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license, to the extent of Sybase's Applicable Patent Rights and copyrights covering the Original Code, to do the following:
2.1 You may use, reproduce, display, perform, modify and distribute Original Code, with or without Modifications, solely for Your internal research and development and/or Personal Use, provided that in each instance:
(a) You must retain and reproduce in all copies of Original Code the copyright and other proprietary notices and disclaimers of Sybase as they appear in the Original Code, and keep intact all notices in the Original Code that refer to this License; and
(b) You must retain and reproduce a copy of this License with every copy of Source Code of Covered Code and documentation You distribute, and You may not offer or impose any terms on such Source Code that alter or restrict this License or the recipients' rights hereunder, except as permitted under Section 6.
(c) Whenever reasonably feasible you should include the copy of this License in a click-wrap format, which requires affirmative acceptance by clicking on an "I accept" button or similar mechanism. If a click-wrap format is not included, you must include a statement that any use (including without limitation reproduction, modification or distribution) of the Software, and any other affirmative act that you define, constitutes acceptance of the License, and instructing the user not to use the Covered Code in any manner if the user does not accept all of the terms and conditions of the License.
2.2 You may use, reproduce, display, perform, modify and Deploy Covered Code, provided that in each instance:
(a) You must satisfy all the conditions of Section 2.1 with respect to the Source Code of the Covered Code;
(b) You must duplicate, to the extent it does not already exist, the notice in Exhibit A in each file of the Source Code of all Your Modifications, and cause the modified files to carry prominent notices stating that You changed the files and the date of any change;
(c) You must make Source Code of all Your Deployed Modifications publicly available under the terms of this License, including the license grants set forth in Section 3 below, for as long as you Deploy the Covered Code or twelve (12) months from the date of initial Deployment, whichever is longer. You should preferably distribute the Source Code of Your Deployed Modifications electronically (e.g. download from a web site);
(d) if You Deploy Covered Code in object code, executable form only, You must include a prominent notice, in the code itself as well as in related documentation, stating that Source Code of the Covered Code is available under the terms of this License with information on how and where to obtain such Source Code; and
(e) the object code form of the Covered Code may be distributed under Your own license agreement, provided that such license agreement contains terms no less protective of Sybase and each Contributor than the terms of this License, and stating that any provisions which differ from this License are offered by You alone and not by any other party.
2.3 You expressly acknowledge and agree that although Sybase and each Contributor grants the licenses to their respective portions of the Covered Code set forth herein, no assurances are provided by Sybase or any Contributor that the Covered Code does not infringe the patent or other intellectual property rights of any other entity. Sybase and each Contributor disclaim any liability to You for claims brought by any other entity based on infringement of intellectual property rights or otherwise. As a condition to exercising the rights and licenses granted hereunder, You hereby assume sole responsibility to secure any other intellectual property rights needed, if any. For example, if a third party patent license is required to allow You to distribute the Covered Code, it is Your responsibility to acquire that license before distributing the Covered Code.
3. Your Grants. In consideration of, and as a condition to, the licenses granted to You under this License, You hereby grant to Sybase and all third parties a non-exclusive, royalty-free license, under Your Applicable Patent Rights and other intellectual property rights (other than patent) owned or controlled by You, to use, reproduce, display, perform, modify, distribute and Deploy Your Modifications of the same scope and extent as Sybase's licenses under Sections 2.1 and 2.2.
4. Larger Works. You may create a Larger Work by combining Covered Code with other code not governed by the terms of this License and distribute the Larger Work as a single product. In each such instance, You must make sure the requirements of this License are fulfilled for the Covered Code or any portion thereof.
5. Limitations on Patent License. Except as expressly stated in Section 2, no other patent rights, express or implied, are granted by Sybase herein. Modifications and/or Larger Works may require additional patent licenses from Sybase which Sybase may grant in its sole discretion.
6. Additional Terms. You may choose to offer, and to charge a fee for, warranty, support, indemnity or liability obligations and/or other rights consistent with this License ("Additional Terms") to one or more recipients of Covered Code. However, You may do so only on Your own behalf and as Your sole responsibility, and not on behalf of Sybase or any Contributor. You must obtain the recipient's agreement that any such Additional Terms are offered by You alone, and You hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold Sybase and every Contributor ...
Kostenloses Support-Forum: Unsere Anwälte beantworten gern Ihre Fragen zu "Sybase Open Watcom Public License version 1.0" in unserem ExpertenForum.
Sofort downloaden und anpassen: Alle Verträge können Sie gleich nach dem Kauf in den üblichen Programmen bearbeiten und anpassen.
Kompetente Beratung durch unsere Rechtsanwälte: Falls Sie das Dokument "Sybase Open Watcom Public License version 1.0" oder einen anderen Vertrag bzw. Vorlage anwaltlich anpassen wollen stehen Ihnen unsere Rechtsanwälte gern zur Verfügung. Fragen Sie uns nach einem Kostenvoranschlag!